Unlocking the console in the Stanley Parable allows you to tinker with a few settings and also gives you the possibility to reach the “serious room”.
I’ve created a small video showing you how to exactly do it in Steam:
Alternatively you can simply follow this instructions:
- Right click The Stanley Parable in Steam
- Select properties
- Click “Set launch options”
- Type “-console” into the input field
- Press OK and close the properties window
- Start the game!
- The console should be opened by default 🙂
That’s it! If you don’t have the game on Steam you can also edit the game’s .exe file and manually set the launch options.